Is your homes current paint scheme simply bringing you down? Are you leaning towards a look that favors refreshing & calm or gravitating towards a paint color that is more luxurious & rich? Perhaps an informative color consultation will direct you towards the right path! Both color & light are essential elements related to interior design. Color and light greatly impact the way a room makes us feel, how we manage to conduct ourselves & influence the overall design of an interior space. Picking the perfect color can be tricky & become frustrating and overwhelming. By opting for an informative color consultation an interior decorator will gladly assist, in helping you select a correct color palette that is paramount for the design of your home!
“Home is not just a place to sleep, home is where we house our souls.”
Your eager to update & craving a certain look, something that feels fresh, current & unique. Your committed to make a change & regardless of the choice, you know any difference in color, will be an astounding improvement. You want to decide quickly get this project on the go & finally cross this task, swiftly off your list. Whether you request a color consultation from an interior decorator or attempt at selecting a hue solely by yourself, incorporating a new paint color is one of the best ways to effectively transform a space. Imagine your home lacking of any color, it would be monotonous, flat & dreadfully dull. Consider a color consultation as an informative way, to help direct yourself towards a smart color choice.
Be a Smokey Taupe or Stratford Blue, the colors you choose to interior decorate with suggestively direct the overall mood & ambient feel for your home. While most of us may not spend a lot of time thinking about color, it’s a component of our life that affects us every day. The climate, your age, gender & ethnicity all play a role in our responses to color. Color reflects an individual’s personality, can encompass a distinct feeling or mood & also set a standard of elegant design style. You may desire a home filled with relaxation & warmth, casting layer upon layer of luxury & ease. Perhaps you prefer something more lighthearted & fresh, inspired by nature, restful & calm.
“I wonder if any element of interior design is more personal than color? Nothing can more quickly reveal aspect of personality and character, than the choice – or absence – of color.”
Van Day Truex
Not all colors however promote a positive vibe. Some have been branded to do just the reverse. Certain color schemes, their tints & shades, have been known to repeatedly toy with our emotions. Some colors expose temperaments of agitation & unease, while others may tempt your appetite, luring you to feast. One color may appear to elevate a rooms warmth, while a slight tint of another can broadcast a brisk chill.
With a colossal of colors & countless variables to consider, anticipation of the unknown can raise confusion & doubt. Your original idea of a rapid & swift makeover has left you feeling regretful, confused & drained. Don’t let your uncertainty conquer your motivation. Selecting the perfect palette takes a little bit of skill. What you want to ensure when deciding on decorative colors, is to compose & blend your choices into agreeable combinations. Try to balance a palette that appeals to your taste & still coincides with the style of your home. If your still feel intimidated, reluctant & scared, a professional color consultation is just a phone call away.
- Colors act in three basic ways: active, passive or neutral
- Variables such as the amount of light & contrasting colors, will significantly affect the portrayal of a color
As an interior designer its important to ask a lot of questions & a color consultation is just that.If your knowledgeable about what your desire from a space, it will positively affect the interior design. Ask yourself these questions before you pick up a paint brush. You’ll find yourself more likely to be pleased with the color, encouraging that inner Interior Decorator to venture out more often.
- How do I want the space to look & feel?
- Can I accomplish this atmosphere from paint alone?
- Is there enough light & contrast to support this color choice?
- How does this color appear at different stages of the day? Night vs Day
- Will this color choice coincide with my current home furnishings & finishes?
- Is this color pallet harmonious with the rest of my home?
Try to limit the number of colors in a room to under four. Anything above that starts to make a room appear disorderly, especially if your going for a rested and relaxed feel. Dark colors are mature, sophisticated, & warm; they give larger rooms a more formal, rich, & intimate appearance. Light colors are spacious, carefree, & calm, making rooms seem expansive, cheerful, & bright.
Listed below are some general observations on the psychology of various colors. Take into account if repainting a space, how they may influence & affect the interior design but also ambiance of your home.
“Beige is atmosphere. It’s bisque, it’s ivory, it’s cream, it’s stone, it’s toast, it’s cappuccino. It’s, well, it’s magic.”
Neutrals: Black, Gray, White, & Brown
- The fundamental & essential colors of every Interior Designer & Interior Decorator
- Neutral color schemes are enormously versatile & incredibly flexible
- Most colors are easily integrated with neutrals & can readily adapt with various tints, tones, & shades
- Black is best used in small doses, such as an accent.
- Color experts say you need some black in every room, it helps to curb your eye
- portrays & resembles the sun
- conveys cheerfulness & delight
- uplifts, rejuvenates, & energizes
- is an excellent choice for kitchens, dining rooms, & bathrooms
- in small spaces yellow can feel expansive and welcoming
- not a good choice for main color schemes
- known to causes anger & frustration
- people are more likely to lose their temper in a yellow interior
- babies cry more in yellow rooms as opposed to any other color
- orange & yellow hues raise the perceived temperature of a room
- because of its warming effect orange is a great color for north facing rooms
- inspires activity, enthusiasm, & excitement
- good color for workout rooms
- orange & red tones encourage movement
- not suggested for bedrooms due to its energetic qualities
- increases a rooms energy level
- considered too stimulating for a bedroom especially a child’s room
- known to raise blood pressure
- speeds respiration & heart rate
- can make people irritable, argumentative, & aggressive
- a good choice for a dining rooms
- inspires interaction & conversation
- stimulates appetites
- best used as an accent color
- slows respiration & heart rate
- known to bring down blood pressure
- considered soothing, calm, & serene
- recommended for bedrooms & bathrooms
- warmer bright blues inspire relaxation
- lighter tinted hues can come across icy & cold, particularly in rooms receiving little natural light
- soft blues are good colors for principal areas such as family or living rooms
- dark blue shades can evoke feelings of gloominess, not a beneficial bedroom color
- Navy blue is not suggested in living or dining rooms as it deters conversation & communication
- the most restful color for the eye
- has a calming effect when used as a main color for decorating
- suited for almost any room in the house
- one of the top colors to be surrounded by for lengthy periods of time
- a soft tinted green can have a pleasant cooling effect, therefore is great for kitchens
- wonderful in a family room, living area, or home office
- productivity & concentration booster
- encourages one to unwind, relax, & relieve stress
- warm tones in green promote calmness & friendship
- great choice for the bedroom as green is believed to assist with fertility
- similar to blue, lavender & lilac hues bring calm & restful qualities
- frost and cold tones that appear in blues are not apparent in lighter purple hues, such as lilac & lavender
- darkest values such as eggplant, is seen as rich, dramatic, & sophisticated
- associated with luxury and creativity
- when used as an accent color it gives depth
Book a paint color consultation for your residence today!
All service prices vary upon each independent design and project